Kirsti's Finished Objects

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Booga Bag


Pattern: Black Sheep Bags free pattern.
Yarn: 3 skeins of Noro Koreyon 134
Needles: Addi Turbo circulars in 10 1/2 for the bag, and bamboo double pointed needles in 10 1/2 for the i-cord.
Comments: I was worried that this was knitting up too small, but I think it turned out alright. I got fewer rows than the pattern called for - 95 rather than 100 - even when making the i-cord at the start of the 3rd skein of yarn. It took two cycles through the machine to felt, and I (oops) ended up spinning it a little, coz I got distracted at the end.
Ended up: In the Christmas gift pile I think.

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Hi Kirsti, that booga bag is gorgeous, even if I had said that before somewhere I had to say it again.

About the socks. I just used various information that I found on line. I've used DPN's before on some knit in the round items so they weren't unfamiliar.

My advice? Go for it. Go to City Knits or where ever you usually shop and ask them for advice. The best way to learn is to do. I can't wait to see a pretty pair of socks here soon!

They are kind of fast AND they're not hot to knit right now either. A big bonus with the temps we've been having. Sorry for the long comment. You're going to do great with socks, you're a great knitter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home